This article contains GST's latest News. You can rely on these GST News
as we keep on updating the same:
GST Latest News and Updates
18th December 2019
38th GST Council Meeting
took place in Delhi on 18th
December 2019, this meeting was headed by our Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman. Here are some of the highlights of this meeting:
- Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC) Formation
- The due date for GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C extended till 31st January 2020.
- Action against the taxpayer who are filing GSTR-1 intentionally.
- GSTR due date extended for some North-Eastern States till 31st
- The inverted tax structure will be removed from 1st January 2020.
- Some amendments in the GST laws are also suggested
- Uniform GST rates for lottery system from 1st March 2020.
14th November 2019
Annual GST Returns due date extended
|GST Annual Returns
||Extended Due Date
||31st December 2019
||2017-18 and 2018-19
||31st March 2020
||2017-18 and 2018-19
20th September 2019
37th GST Council meeting
that happened in GOA decided to cut rates for various goods and services under GST. To know about the various rate cuts in this GST Council meet click here
31st August 2019
- For taxpayers whose principal place of business is J&K and certain districts of Gujarat, Bihar, Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Maharashtra, the last date for filing GSTR-7 for the month of July 2019 is extended till 20th September 2019.
- For the quarters falling in between July 2017 to March 2019 has been waived off.
- For taxpayers whose principal place of business is J&K and certain districts of Gujarat, Bihar, Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Maharashtra, the late fees for July 2019 GSTR-1 and GSTR-6 have been waived off.
26th August 2019
The due date for Annual GST Return (GSTR-9
, and GSTR-9C
) is further extended to 30th November 2019.
21st August 2019
For taxpayers whose principal place of business is J&K and certain districts of Gujarat, Bihar, Kerala, Karnataka, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Maharashtra, the last date for filing GSTR-3b for the month of July 2019 is extended till 20th September 2019.
27th July 2019
The 36th GST Council meeting took place today via video conferencing. To know all the highlights of the 36th Council Meeting click here
25th July 2019
The scheduled 36th GST Council meeting
has been postponed to a later date that will be announced soon.
18th July 2019
According to this GST latest news, the last date of furnishing CMP-08
has been extended to 31st July 2019 for the quarter of April-June.
28th June 2019
This is the GST latest news, according to this, the due date for filing Annual GST Returns (GSTR-9, GSTR-9A and GSTR-9C) for the financial year 2017-18 has been extended to 31st August 2019 for the financial year 2017-18.
1. Due dates for GSTR-1 for the year 2019 (Monthly)
2. Due dates for GSTR-1 (Quarterly) is 31st October for the July 2019-September 2019 quarter.
||20th Aug 2019
||20th Sep 2019
||20th Oct 2019
3. Quick Response (QR) code may become necessary on the tax invoices and bill of supply as notified.
4. Retail outlets established in the International Airport departure area that is making tax free supply to an outgoing international tourist have to file RFD-10B monthly or quarterly to get a refund of taxes.
5. Every OIDAR supplier is exempted from filing of Annual Return and furnishing of Reconciliation Statement.
(New Format) has been notified for the furnishing that applies to 2019-20 Financial Year.
21st June 2019
On 21st June 2019, 35th GST Council Meeting
was held that was chaired by Finance Minister Mrs Nirmala Sitharaman. Here is the list of latest GST news or notification as issued in 35th GST Council Meeting:
- Annual GST Return due date has been extended GST Annual Return due date extended till from 30th June to 31st August 2019 for FY 2017-18
- AADHAAR Based GST Registration
- Tenure of NAA has been extended for more two years
- E-invoicing under GST may apply from January 2020
- For multiplexes, e-ticketing is made compulsory
- Electric vehicles, chargers, leasing and lottery rate cuts put on hold
- GSTAT name has been changed to GST Appellate Tribunal
19th Mar 2019
34th GST Council Meeting
held on 19th Mar 2019 via video conferencing passed the circular regarding the rate cuts on affordable and non-affordable under-construction houses.
24th February 2019
As per the 33rd GST council meeting
held on 24th February 2019, the GSTR-3B due date for the month of January was extended to 22nd February 2019. However, for the Jammu and Kashmir, the last date for filing GSTR-3B was 28th Feb 2019.
20th February 2019
33rd GST Council Meeting held on 20th February through video conferencing, the limelight of this meeting was export and real-estate sector. The GST news meeting shared the news about it just after the Interim Budget 2019.
10th January 2019
Here is the list of GST news announced in the 32nd GST Council meeting
held on 10 January:
- The turnover limit for GST registration has been increased from 20 Lakhs INR to 40 Lakhs INR.
- The turnover limit to join the composition scheme also increased to 1.5 Crore INR
- For service providers having a turnover limit of 50 Lakhs INR, a new composition scheme was announced where the GST rate on supply of services is fixed at 6%.
- Calamity CESS of 1% was also announced on all the supplies made within the Kerala state.