Eway bill login is a one-time process that can be smoothly carried out through step by step E-Way bill login. In this article, we are going to discuss the ewaybilllogin guide where one can understand all the things related to E-way Bill login.
A GST taxpayer who wants to generate, cancel or manage an E-way bill can either log in to www.ewaybillgst.gov.in login system or www.ewaybill.nic login in the system. However, if a GST taxpayer logs in at ewaybill.nic.in they will get redirected back to the ewaybillgst.gov.in as earlier e-way bill portal was earlier maintained by National Information Centre (NIC).
So, ewaybillgst.gov.in is an official government website as of now which is used by the taxpayer or transporter to generate, cancel or manage e-way bills.
Eway Bill homepage and its tabs
Now let us check how the ewaybill.nic.in login homepage looks like and which are all the tabs the portal contains.
In the above screenshot, we can see that www.ewaybill.nic.in login homepage tab contains the following tabs for ewaybillgst login.
So in the above screenshot, we can see that ewaybill.nic.in Home page tab contains
Under this home page tab, the taxpayer may check the Rules, Forms, Notifications, and Circulars that are issued under the GST laws.
By clicking on Rules, the taxpayer can easily refer to different rules state-wise.
Similarly, using the Form button the taxpayer or transporter can see sample formats of the Eway bill form. The forms included under these tabs are EWB-01, EWB-02, EWB-03, EWB-04, ENR-01, and INV-01.
In the Notification and Circular option, the taxpayer or transporter can find the latest notifications and circulars that are issued by the government regarding the e-way bill.
Under the Help menu of the Eway bill login page, the GST taxpayer can find different options such as User Manual, FAQs, Advertisement, and Tools.
The GST taxpayer or transporter or any other person can check out the user manual for using the e-way bill portal and can check the latest news/information related to the e-way bill by either using FAQs, CBT (Videos), under the user manual section.
Moreover, through the tools option, the taxpayer can find the templates related to the bulk generation facility available on the e-way bill portal.
Under the Search menu at the e-way bill login page, the person can search about the following things:
- Taxpayers by using their GSTIN
- Transporters through transporter ID or GSTIN
- Product and Services using HSN Code or their name
- Distance between the two PIN Codes
4. Contact Us
Here on this menu of the e-way bill login page, the taxpayer can find the region-wise contact details of the helpdesk.
Through the registration menu at the Eway bill system login, a new taxpayer, transporter or any other person who needs to generate an Eway bill can register themselves on the e-way bill portal.
Different headings under the registration menu:
(a) E-way bill registration
A normal taxpayer needs a GST Identification number/GSTIN and registered mobile number to enroll on the Eway bill login system.
(b) Enrolment for transporter
A transporter can register himself on the e-way bill portal by clicking on the enrolment for transporter link. After successfully registering on the portal, the transporter will receive the transporter ID which will help to log into the e-way bill portal.
(c) E-way bill for citizen
In case if any citizen who is not a taxpayer wants to generate an Eway bill then he has to click on this link and can directly generate an e-way bill without logging into the e-way bill portal.
This tab helps the taxpayer to log into the e-way bill portal but the taxpayer must have a valid credential that includes:
E-way bill portal log-in username contains at least 8 characters but not exceeding 15 characters. In addition to this, the login ID is a combination that may include alphabets (A to Z), special characters (@, #, $, %, &, *, ^), and numerals (0-9).
Passwords for the e-way bill portal shall not be less than 8 characters.
After entering the username and password, it is mandatory for the taxpayer to enter the code given in the captcha image to verify their e-way bill portal login.
In case a taxpayer forgets his login credentials, then he can click on Forgot Password/ Forgot User ID or Forgot Transporter ID.
The statutory requirement of generation of e-way bill
As per section 68 of CGST Act, 2017, the Government of India requires any person carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding the amount Rs. 50,000 needs to file an e-way bill as the document to be carried for the consignment of goods.
What is an e-way bill?
E-waybill is a receipt or a document issued by the person causing movement of goods whether it be a supplier of goods or transporter or the recipient of goods and giving details/instructions relating to the consignment of goods. It includes the name of the consignor, consignee, the point of origin of the consignment, place of supply, and route from which goods are moving.
What is E-Way Bill Portal
Electronic Way Bill (E-Way Bill) portal is one of the compliance mechanisms under GST laws wherein by way of a digital interface any person causing the movement of goods uploads the relevant details/information of shipment of goods prior to the commencement of movement of goods and generates e-way bill on the GST portal.
In simple words, an e-way bill is an electronic document that can be generated through the e-Way Bill portal which is the evidence for the movement of goods.
The e-waybill (EWB) portal provides a simple and user-friendly gateway to generate e-Way bills (whether single or consolidated E-way Bill),
The E-way bills can be generated in Form GST EWB-01 in either of the methods-
- Through online E-way bill Portal
- Via SMS or
- Through an e-Invoicing
In this article, we will focus on the generation of the e-way bills through the e way bill portal which is web-based.
Prerequisites for generation of an e-Way Bill
There are some prerequisites for generating an e-way bill on the E-Way Bill Portal for any method of generation are as follows:
- The registered taxpayer has to take the E-way bill login ID and Password with him/her along with the GST Invoice or any Challan under GST Rules.
- If the transportation is by road – The transporter ID or the Vehicle number must be taken.
- If the transportation is by rail/ air/ ship – Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date of these documents should be in hand.
How to register on GST E-Way Bill (EWB) portal
- The user must have a GSTIN along with a mobile number registered with the GST system.
- The user needs to enter the URL address of the E-Way Bill System in his browser.
- The user can register by clicking on the ‘e-way bill Registration’ link under the registration option. Then the GST taxpayer will be redirected to the ‘e-Way Bill Registration Form’.
- The new user needs to enter his/her GSTIN number and code/captcha showing below then shall click on the ‘Go’ button to submit the request. Once the request is submitted it will redirect the user to the following page.
- In the above form, the new user needs to mention their name in the Applicant name tab, firm/ company name in the Trade name tab, the full address of the registered office under the Address tab, his/her mail ID under the Mail ID tab and his/her under Mobile Number tab.
- After filling all the required fields, the user needs to click on the ‘Send OTP’ button to get an OTP for authorization of this registration process. The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the user. Once the OTP is received on the registered mobile number, the user needs to enter the OTP and click on the ‘verify OTP’ button to verify the same and validate the process.
- Post which, the user will be provided with his/her choice of User ID or username, which he/she plans to use to operate his/her account on the GST E-Way bill Portal. The username should be about 8 to 15 alphanumeric characters and will also include special characters.
- Once a request for registration is submitted, the system validates the entered values and if no error is found in the system, the username and password will be issued to the user and the status will show that the user is registered with the e-way bill system.
- The GST taxpayer can use this registered username and password to work on the system and can generate an e-way bill as per their requirements.