Any company that offers shares to the general public is a Public Limited Company. The stocks of public limited companies can be acquired by anyone through IPO (Initial Public Offer) or trading on the share market. However, to incorporate a public limited company in India there is a certain requirement.
Basic requirement for Public Limited Company Incorporation
- Minimum 3 Directors
- Minimum 7 shareholders
- DIN of all proposed directors
- 5 Lakh share capital
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of one of the director
List of Documents Required for Private Limited Company Incorporation
Documents of Partners
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Passport (in case of NRIs or foreign nationals)
Documents of Public Limited Company
- Address proof of registered office:
- Own office – Copy of electricity bill/landline bill/ water bill/ municipal khata copy/ property tax receipt
- Rented office – Rent agreement with an electricity bill of owner and No objection certificate (NOC) from the owner
- DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) of the proposed directors
- DIN (Directors Identification Number) of at least one director
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
Process of Public Limited Company Incorporation
Step 1: Obtain DSC
Step 2: Apply for DIN
Step 3: Application for name availability and approval
Step 4: Furnishing MOA (Memorandum of Association) and AOA (Articles of Association)
Step 5: Applying for PAN and TAN
Step 6: Public Limited Company Incorporation certificate issued by registrar of companies (ROC) along with PAN and TAN
Advantages of Public Limited Company
- Public Limited Company is a separate legal identity
- Members of the Public Limited Company has limited liability
- Quick share transfer
- Easy listing of shares in the stock market for general public
- Increased borrowing capacity
Why choose Masters India Services?
1. We provide regular updates about the Public Limited Company Incorporation
2. We have active client support that assists you through the Public Limited Company Incorporation process
3. No physical visit to the office completely online process
4. Dedicated expert to process your end to end query
5. Obtain Public Limited Company Incorporation certificate within 15-20 business days
Q1. Are there any hidden charges once I pay for the incorporation certificate?
Ans. Once you pay for the incorporation we will issue an all-inclusive invoice to you with no hidden charges.
Q2. What basic statutory compliance is required to be followed after the public company limited incorporation?
Ans. A Public Limited Company needs to hold one board meeting once in every quarter. Apart from these board meetings, a public company is bound to hold Annual General Meeting commonly known as AGM.
Q3. Can NRI or foreign nationals/entities be a Public Limited Company director?
Ans. Yes, NRIs or foreign nationals/entities can be a director of a public limited company but for that, they need to obtain DIN (Director’s Identification Number). Moreover, it is compulsory to have one Indian resident director in the BOD (Board of Directors).
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.47 / 5. Vote count: 156