2019 Revised GST Rates

Sakshi Jain
Sakshi Jain at March 13, 2023

Table of Contents

Automate your GST Compliances with Masters India

Request Callback

Know Revised GST Rates of 2019

2019 Revised GST Rates

GST Rates and HSN codes were revised in 31st GST Council Meeting which was held on 22 December 2018. As per the recommendation of GST Council, GST Rates of 23 Goods and 3 Services have been revised. Here, we will discuss GST rates in India 2019, revised rate, GST rates in India, GST percentage, GST percentage in India.

Revised GST Rates

So, here is the summarized view of Revised GST Rates for goods and services:

S.No. List of Goods and Services Old GST Rate Revised GST Rate
1 Preserved Vegetables (i.e., not suitable for instant consumption) 0.05 Nil
2 Steamed, frozen or boiled vegetables either cooked or uncooked (branded) 0.05 Nil
3 Music Books 0.12 Nil
4 Renewable energy device parts falling under GST Tariff chapter 84, 85 or 94 0.05 0.05
5 Fly ash blocks 0.12 0.05
6 Natural Cork 0.12 0.05
7 Walking sticks 0.12 0.05
8 Marble rubble 0.18 0.05
9 Agglomerated Cork 0.18 0.12
10 Roughly squared/debugged Cork 0.18 0.12
11 Natural cork  Articles 0.18 0.12
12 Movie Tickets i.e., less than or equal to 100 INR 0.18 0.12
13 Third party  vehicles insurance premium 0.18 0.12
14 Handicapped Mobility Vehicles  Accessories 0.28 0.05
15 Power banks 0.28 0.18
16 Movie Tickets that are more than 100 INR 0.28 0.18
17 Sport-related items falling under HSN code 9504 0.28 0.18
18 Pulleys, transmission shafts, cranks and gearboxes under HSN 8483 0.28 0.18
19 32 Inches Color TV and Monitors 0.28 0.18
20 Used and Retreated Rubber Tyres 0.28 0.18
21 Digital & Video Camera 0.28 0.18
22 Air Fare for religious pilgrimage 0.28 0.18

*For travel for religious pilgrimage either by non-scheduled or chartered operations facilitated by Government of India under bilateral agreements.


  • 5% GST Rate on composite supply for the solar plant will be applicable on 70% of the value as it will be considered as a supply of goods. And the remaining 30% value nominal GST Rate will be applicable as it deemed as a supply of service.
  • On footwear, GST Rate of 5% or 18% will be applicable depending upon the value of a transaction.
  • On FIBC (Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container) 12% GST rate will be applicable.

Goods Recommended for Exemption

Here is the list of goods that are recommended for exemption:

  • Gold supplied by Nominated Agencies to gold Jewellery articles exporters
  • The proceeds used for a public or charitable cause that is received by Government from an auction of gifts received by President, Prime Minister, CM or Governor of a State and Government servant.
  • Import of vehicle for temporary purposes covered under the Customs Convention on the Temporary Importation of Private Road Vehicles

Services Recommended for Exemption

The services that are recommended for exemption are recommended below:

  • Banks services to BSBD (Basic Saving Bank Deposit) account holders covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
  • Services rendered by rehabilitation professionals recognized under the Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992. Moreover, this can take place at hospitals, schools or rehabilitation centres that are recognized by the Government. In addition, this will apply on the Section 12AA charitable institute registered under the Income-tax Act 1961.
  • Government loan guarantee services provided to its undertakings and PSUs for bank loans.


How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.49 / 5. Vote count: 164
GST Verification API
GST Verification API integrates with your application to validate GST taxpayer details.

Check out other Similar Posts

No Data found
No Blogs to show
Need Help in Getting Started?
Make smart decision to replace your manual work with modern solution and improve your business output
Request Callback
Continue Browsing
Subscribe Now!
Receive GST, E way bill, e-Invoice, Accounts payable and OCR updates from our experts.