Late Fees Applied on GSTR-3B Filing
Like any other mechanism which is so huge, mammoth and hugely technological – complexities, intricacies and errors are bound to happen.
Similar in nature, is the recent fuzziness around GSTR-3B filing and the fines reflecting at the GST portal.
The due date for GSTR-3B is 20th of each month for the preceding month.
The system fetches data from GSTR-3B on the submission data and the data gets locked. No amendments of any sort can now be made until any notification is made by Government.
The late fees applies in the following cases:
- For instance, you submitted August’17’s return on 22nd September [D1] and filed it on 26th September [D2], the late fee in this case would be calculated for 20th – 22nd September and will reflect in the payment sheet of September return amounting to [2*100*2].
- The penalty for the gap between the date of submission [D1] and the date of filing [D2] will be borne by the taxpayer [22nd to 26th Sep], resulting to [4*2*100]. This gap which is being added in the return and reflecting at the GST portal is causing all the confusions.
- For late submission [ as shown in #1 above]
- For late filing [ as shown in # 2 above]
The GST provisions suggest that ‘returns submitted and filed after due date are exposed to a late filing fee, which is computed from the due date of return filing to the actual date of filing.
However, there is still some muddle around on the returns submitted before the due date but filed after the due date.
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018
- Applied For A Pan Card? Here’s How to Know Your Application Status Online - November 12, 2018