GST Portal Login in India – How to register on GST Portal?
GST Login Portal (www.gst.gov.in) is a platform through which an individual can perform a various function. He/she just need to log into the GST Portal to take benefit of the below-listed function:
- GST Registration
- GST Return Filing
- Tax Payments
- Refund Application and So Forth
This article will cover the following topic related to GST Portal:
35TH GST Council Meeting chaired by the 2nd woman Union Finance Minister Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman held on 21st June 2019. Following decisions were proposed in this council meeting:
- GSTR-9, GSTR-9B and GSTR-9C due date have been extended from 30th June 2019 to 31st August 2019.
- AADHAAR based GST Registration
- NAA tenure extended for 2 years
- E-ticketing become compulsory for multiplexes having multi-screens
- E-invoicing under GST may soon become reality from January 2020
- Rate cut on electronic vehicles and charger has been postponed to next GST Council Meeting
- 10% Penalty on any delay in depositing deferred amount
In case if an individual wants to register on GST Portal he/she needs to visit the GST Portal and has to apply for the GST Registration on it. For registering under GST, an individual needs to furnish details such as PAN, Mobile number, email id and so forth. Once all the documents are successfully uploaded, the registration procedure will be completed.
You can read out our GST Registration article to know the entire GST Registration procedure.
To log into the GST Portal you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit GST Portal using https://www.gst.gov.in/
Step 2: On the homepage itself you may find the Log in button on the top right corner.
Step 3: Enter the valid credential such as Username and Password. Afterwards, click on the LOGIN button.
Note: In case if you forgot your username or password click on the below link and you will get the same on registered e-mail id or/and phone number.
Step 4: Once you log into the GST Portal successfully, you will be redirected to the Dashboard wherein you can see the GST Credit summary, GST Payable, Notices in case if there is any and so forth.
There are different services that are available on the GST Portal in India such as:
- Normal Taxpayer, ISD, Casual Dealer Registration Application
- GST Practitioner Application
- Composition Scheme Option (GST CMP-02)
- Stock information for Composition Dealers (GST CMP-03)
- Option for quitting the Composition Scheme (GST CMP-04)
- GST Returns Filing (GSTR-9, GSTR-9B, GSTR-9C, and GSTR-1, GSTR-2A, GSTR-3B and so forth)
- GST Payment
- Filing Export Refund (Table 6A of GSTR-1)
- Excess GST Paid Refund (RFD-01)
- Furnish Letter of Undertaking (LUT) (RFD-11)
- Viewing E-Ledgers
- GST Notices in case if you have received any
- Filing Input Tax Credit Forms
Other than above-mentioned services the GST Portal also provides engagement/disengagement services to the GST Practitioner.