Steps to Know Your TAN
Before you know your TAN number it is important that we know the basics of it too. So, the first question is what is TAN? So the full form of TAN is Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number that is a 10 digit alpha-numeric code. As per Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, it is important for all the deductors or collects to mention this number on the TDS Returns. Now, the question arises who is liable to obtain TAN? The TAN needs to be obtained by all Tax deductors and collectors.
How to Find TAN Number from GST Number?
Any person can search the TAN by using the applicant name and acknowledgment number. In case if you forget your TAN, know your TAN no, you can use the below-mentioned steps for TAN number search by name:
- Step 1: Visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the Know Your TAN button
- Step 3: Under the TAN search option enter the name of the applicant and select the category of the applicant (collector or deductor)
- Step 4: Enter the name of the State and the registered mobile number
- Step 5: Once you enter both the details click on the continue button
- Step 6: Enter the One Time Password (OTP) received on the registered mobile number.
- Step 7: Post entering the OTP click on the Validate button.
- Step 8: You will be redirected to a new page wherein you can see your TAN.
How a New User can know the TAN details?
In order to know TAN details, one needs to first register on the Income Tax e-filing website. Here is the procedure through which you can register your self on the Income-tax website:
- Step 1: Open www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the Register Yourself button.
- Step 3: Select the category of taxpayer or user type
- Step 4 : Post entering the sub user type, click on the continue button.
- Step 5: Enter the applicant details such as PAN, name, date of birth, and residential status.
- Step 6: Once you have entered all the details click on the Continue button.
- Step 7: A set of guidelines will appear to follow them and register your self on the Income Tax e-filing website.
Difference between TAN and PAN
TAN and PAN are two different things. PAN or The Permanent Account Number is required to be obtained by all taxpayers or assessee who files Income Tax returns (ITRs). On the contrary, TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Number is required to be obtained by all the TDS deductors and TCS collectors under the Income Tax Act.
How To Know Your TAN Jurisdiction Building Name?
Any once can know their TAN jurisdiction building name by just following the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Open www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- Step 2: After opening the website, select Jurisdiction available under the Important Links tab
- Step 3: Enter the name of the state
- Step 4: A PDF will be downloaded post entering the state name.
- Step 5: Click CTRL+F and know your TAN jurisdiction building name from the list available on the PDF.