Income Tax e-Filing Portal - Know Steps to Register and Login
Income tax e-Filing portal login is the first step for every registered user in order to file a new Income Tax Return (ITR), to access the previous year’s Income tax returns, and e-verify the ITR(s), check refund status and so forth.
1. Prerequisite for Individuals to Register on Income Tax e-Filing Portal
Before registering into the Income Tax e filing portal 2.0 login one must have the following details:
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Mobile Number
- An e-mail address
- Current residential address
Minor or lunatic who are barred by the Indian Contract Act 1872 are ineligible to register on the income tax department portal and income tax return login, efiling income tax login and in income tax e filing login.
2. Income Tax Registration Process
- STEP-2: On the e-filing portal homepage of the Income Tax Departmental Portal, click on Register Yourself present on the right-hand side of the homepage for efiling portal login.
- STEP-3: After clicking on that option you will be redirected to a new page wherein you need to Select User Type from the pull-down menu. Afterwards, click on the Continue button on incometax.gov.in login e filing 2.0 new portal.
- STEP-4: After that, a new page will open wherein you need to fill some details about yourself such as
- Middle Name
- First Name
- Date of Birth
- Residential Status
- STEP-5: After clicking on the Continue button you need to fill in the registration form on income tax portal 2.0.
You need to fill the following details in the registration form that are compulsory on income tax portal login 2.0
- Password details
- Contact details
- Current address
Click on submit after successfully entering all the details on income tax efiling login and on income tax login new site
- STEP-6: Once you successfully filled the form on the income tax login page you need to click on Submit button. After submitting the form you will get a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number and email ID. In order to verify the details, you need to enter this 6-digit OTP.
Note: For non-residents, this one-time password (OTP) is only sent on the registered email id and not on the mobile number on IT portal login page.
The generated OTP will get expire within 24 hours from the actual time of receipt. In a case, if you fail to do the registration process within 24 Hours the entire registration process has to be initiated again.
3. Income Tax e-Filing Login
- STEP-2:Then click on the Login option available on the e filing portal home page on income tax new portal login.
- STEP-3: After clicking on that you will be redirected to the Login page wherein you need to fill the valid credentials that include income tax login username and password.
Note: The user ID for Income Tax Login is your PAN card number.
4. Key Services Available on Income Tax e-Filing Portal
Income Tax e-Filing portal is a unified platform that provides a wide range of services related to Income Tax. Here is the list of major services that are available on Income Tax e filing portal are:
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing
- Income Tax Rectification Request Submission
- E-verification of Income Tax Returns
- EVC (Electronic Verification Code) Verification
- Form 26AS (redirects to TRACES for Form 26AS) Download
- Previous Year’s Filed Income Tax Return(s)
- 15CA Form
- Submission of Income Tax Grievance
- Checking status of the submitted grievance
- Pre-validate Bank or DEMAT account