E-Way Bill Registration Procedure for Businesses Under GST
E-way bill is a document required to be carried by a person in charge of the conveyance carrying any consignment of goods of value exceeding Rs. 50,000 except in certain cases.
Below is the step-by-step guide for E-Way Bill Registration for Businesses Registered under GST.
Cases where E-Way Bill is Not Required Even though Value exceeds Rs 50,000/-
- When mode of transport is non-motor vehicle.
- When Goods are transported from port, airport, air cargo complex or land custom station to Inland Container Depot or Container Freight Station for Clearance by Customs.
- Transport of the Specified Goods as mentioned in CGST Rules 2017.
From when the E-way bill system is applicable?
- Some states have started trial basis roll-out of the e-way bill system from 16th January 2018. Traders and transporters can voluntary use the trail roll out facilities.
- It will be on compulsory basis for inter-state movement of the goods effective from 1stst April 2018.
- The state may choose their own timings for implementation of e-way bill for intra-state movement of goods on any date before 1st June 2018.
Who is required to register and enroll in e-way bills system?
The stakeholders have to register themselves on the e-way bill system as they are the person who has some stake on the movement of the consignment from one place to another.
The stake holders are:
The suppliers, recipient and transporters will have a watch on the consignment that it moves from one place to another without any hurdles.
How to register and enroll in e-way bills system?
Registered Tax Payer
1. Following things to be kept on hand for registering for E way bill:
- GSTIN number
- Mobile number which is registered with GSTIN
- Used should have decided the username which should have atleast 8 characters and can’t exceed more than 15 characters with a combination of alphabets (A-Z/a-z), numeric (0-9), and special characters ( %, ^, &, *, @, #, $)
- Password should be of atleast 8 characters. it can be a combination of alphabets and numeric and it can also include the special characters
2. Procedure for registration for registered tax payer:
- First of all registered tax payer has to open URL – ewaybill.nic.in
- Following screen will appear
- First time taxpayer has to register by clicking on “E-way bill registration”. Then following screen will appear
- User needs to enter their GSTIN number and click GO to submit the request. Then following screen will appear
- In the above screen the applicant name, Trade name, Address and mobile number are auto populated. User needs to click on “Send OTP” for getting the OTP in their registered mobile number. Once OTP is received on the registered mobile number, user needs to enter the OTP and verify the same in the system. After that user needs to click on “verify OTP” to verify the same and validate.
- After verifying the OTP user needs to provide his choice of USER ID or user name which user needs to use for operating his account on the e-way bill system. Username should be between 8 to 15 characters with a combination of alphabet, number and special characters. A unique username should be given by the user, which is not there in the system.
- As user name is approved the user needs to provide the password of his choice. Password entered by the used should be of minimum 8 characters, it can be a combination of alphabets and numeric and it can also include the special characters. Please note that the password is case-sensitive hence, user needs to be careful while entering the same
- The system will validate the entered details and will give the pop up message if any error occurred. If there are no errors then the username and password is created and registered with e-way bill system.
- Now the tax payer can use this registered username and password for generating e-way bills.
Forgot User name of E-Way Bill Portal
- If the user have forgotten his username then he can use this option to get his username.
- On the following screen user has to enter the GSTIN no, state, Pin code of principal place of business, and registered mobile number.
- After clicking GO user will get his user name via SMS on his registered mobile number.
Forgot Password of E-Way Bill Portal
- If the user have forgotten his password then he can use this option to generate new password.
- On the following screen user has to enter the User name, GSTIN no, state, Pin code of principal place of business, and registered mobile number.
- After clicking GO user will get one time password via SMS to his mobile. Using this password user name can login and create his new password.
- E-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka - November 21, 2018
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018