As mentioned in our previous article, the National Informatics Centre (NIC) has undertaken various steps and initiatives to anchor the vision of making India digitally strong by providing access to digital services to everyone across the nation. The official website provides in-depth information about the various projects, products and services rendered by the NIC projects in close collaboration with the Central and State Governments.
1. Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India had launched the Swachh Bharat Mission on 2 October 2014 to promote cleanliness and make India an ‘Open-Defecation Free’ nation. Under this mission, more than 100 million toilets are already constructed in rural India.
2. MyGov MyGov platform is a unique path-breaking initiative which was launched on 26 July 2014. The idea of MyGov is to bring the Government closer to the common man by using online platforms and creating an interface for a healthy exchange of ideas and views.
3. NREGASoft NREGASoft is a platform that aims to strengthen the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme. This was launched to enhance livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of wage employment during every financial year to every household who volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
4. e-Courts eCourts was developed with a vision to transform the Indian judiciary and its traditional practices by enabling ICT for courts. This platform aims to efficiently manage courts and cases while ensuring transparency and access to information to the stakeholders.
5. PARIVESH PARIVESH is an attempt to create a single-window integrated system for online submissions of proposals on matters relating to the environment, forest, wildlife and CRZ clearances. This connects the applicant directly to the respective Governments and authorities.
6. e-Urvarak e-Urvarak is a comprehensive, all-inclusive system covering all functionalities in the fertiliser supply chain. This system was developed to ensure the timely availability of fertilisers to farmers.
7. e-Taal Electronic Transaction Aggregation & Analysis Layer (e-Taal) allows the user to view the real-time impact of various e-governance initiatives through visual graphics.
Image Source: https://etaal.gov.in/etaal2/auth/default.aspx
8. Public Distribution System (PDS) The motive behind the introduction of PDS is to provide food security to the country by procuring and efficiently delivering food grains. The focus here is on incentivising farmers by giving fair value to their produce. Furthermore, this department also formulates policies on export and import of foodgrains, sugar and edible oils.
9. BhuNaksha BhuNaksha, as a tool, aims to store and secure the digitised maps. It also helps to edit them to reflect the actual changes arising out of mutations. BHU-NAKSHA caters to all necessities of Patwaris* about parcel map management. *Patwari is an individual placed in the local authority to maintain the ownership records for a specific area and to undertake the collection of land taxes
10. e-Counselling e-Counselling is a one-stop solution that provides end-to-end technical support and services to assist in hassle-free transparent admission processes in technical and academic institutions across the country.
11. Jeevan Pramaan Jeevan Pramaan is created explicitly for the pensioners of the Central Government, State Government and other Government organisations. This is a biometric-enabled digital service assisting pensioners get their ‘Digital Life Certificate’.
12. Service Plus ServicePlus is a unified platform based on a multi-tenant architecture for delivering electronic services to the civilians. The services provided by the Government via ServicePlus are:
13. National Scholarships Portal National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop portal for all scholarship related services. This includes services like - student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships.
14. IVFRT The project, ‘Immigration, Visa Foreigners’ Registration and Tracking’ (IVFRT) helps all the Indian Missions, Immigration Checkposts (ICPs), FRRO/FRO offices to get computerised and networked. This will eventually ensure that a secure and integrated delivery framework is developed to facilitate legitimate travellers.
15. Public Financial Management System Public Financial Management System (PFMS) is a real-time portal through which one can monitor the utilisation of funds across Government. 16. DARPAN Dashboard for Analytical Review of Projects Across Nation (DARPAN) helps users easily monitor dynamic projects through the web. The objective here is to transform complex Government data into compelling visuals.
17. NEVA National e-Vidhaan (NEVA) aims to make all the States/UTs legislatures paperless by streamlining all the processes for information exchange.
18. e-Prisons e-Prison digitalises prisoner management services. This includes visit approvals, integration of nationwide information regarding inmates, etc.
19. Manav Sampada Manav Sampada is an e-HRMS application that provides an effective and efficient human resource management system in Government departments.
20. Open Government Data (OGD) Platform, India Open Government Data (OGD) is a portal that is intended to be used by Government of India Ministries/Departments and their organisations to publish datasets, documents, services, tools and applications collected by them for public use. This initiative intends to increase transparency in the functioning of Government and also opens up different avenues for innovative use of Government data.
21. S3WaaS Secure, Scalable and Sugamya Website as a Service (S3WaaS) provides ready to use, GIGW (Guidelines For Indian Government Websites) compliant website templates with user-friendly functionalities & interfaces.
22. Government e-Procurement System NIC has developed and hosted the Central Public Procurement Portal (CPP) to cater to the electronic procurement/tendering requirements of the Central Government departments and other organisations.
23. e-Transport This portal aims to provide, better services to the transport department as well as the citizens of India, instant access to vehicle/DL information and much more.
24. e-Hospital The e-Hospital portal is designed and developed with the motive to simplify the delivery of health care services in India.
25. e-Office The e-office portal acts as a digital workplace solution for all Government employees. The intention behind the introduction of this product is to achieve a simplified, responsive, effective and transparent working of all Government offices.
1. Kanyashree Kanyashree Prakalpa is an online portal initiated by the state of West-Bengal to improve the status and wellbeing of adolescent girls, specifically those from socio-economically disadvantaged families through conditional cash transfers.
2. Mid Day Meal – Automated Reporting Management System This is an automated reporting management system under the purview of the Government of Himachal Pradesh for the ‘Mid Day Meal’ scheme. This portal provides real-time data showing the district wise comparison of the number of schools reached and the number of meals served.
3. Integrated Shala Darpan Shala Darpan, under the Government of Rajasthan, provides data regarding Government schools and educational offices. On this portal, ‘live data’ relating to primary and secondary school students, schools, academic and non-academic staff, etc. are compiled.
Disclaimer: The content in this article is accumulated from https://www.nic.in/ and simplified for understanding purposes only.