In our previous article, we briefly explained the basics of GePP – GST e-Invoice Preparing and Printing Tool. In this article, we will list down the steps to prepare and print e-Invoices through the GePP tool.
NIC-GST e-Invoice Preparing and Printing (NIC-GePP) is an excel based tool to assist taxpayers who do not have ERP solutions that support the e-Invoicing process. Presently, this tool is available on the e-Invoice trial portal. You can directly download this tool here – https://einvoice1-trial.nic.in/Others/GePPInfo.
In the above-given link, select the appropriate user type, add the asked details, validate mobile number with OTP and click on ‘Submit”. The offline excel based tool will automatically get downloaded then.
Step 1: As a first time user, on the main menu of the tool, enter the Owner/Supplier Profile details.
The taxpayer can upload the Company Logo at this step if he/she wishes to attach it to the final e-Invoice.
Step 2: As a first time user, on the main menu of the tool, enter the Recipient details.
Step 3: As a first time user, on the main menu of the tool, enter the Product details.
Step 1: Generate invoice through an ERP or manually and add the invoice details in the tool under ‘New Invoice”.
The options available in the category tab are:
- Deemed Export
Step 2: Click on ‘Submit’, review the details added and then click on ‘Confirm’.
The added invoices will be visible under ‘Pending Invoices”.
Step 3: Under ‘Pending Invoices’ validate and generate the JSON file.
Step 4: Log in to the e-Invoice portal.
Step 5: Under the ‘Bulk Upload’ option, upload the JSON file, generate IRN and download the response file in excel format.
Step 6: Under ‘Import QR Code’ import the downloaded file (in the previous step) into GePP and push to history.
Step 7: Print e-Invoices from ‘Print e-Invoice’.
- Taxpayers can ‘Update Payment Details’ under the ‘Generated e-Invoices’ tab. This tab works like a repository of all generated e-Invoices.
- The ‘Search Facility’ helps taxpayers to search e-Invoices from the repository of the tool. Users can search the invoices based on multiple criteria.
- Invoices can be added one by one only.
- Please ensure that you are using 2010, or a higher version of MS office.
- A maximum of 10 invoices can be kept pending for IRN generation.