Unique Quantity Code
As per point 1(h) of Section 31 of the CGST Act 2017, each tax invoice, debit note / credit note must contain a UQC [Unique Quantity Code]. A UQC is basically an abbreviation for an unit of measurement like ‘KGS’ for Kilograms and ‘MTR’ for ‘Meter’.
Which section should UQC be mentioned in, while filing returns?
UQC is to be mentioned in the HSN summary section while filing GSTR-1/GSTR-2/GSTR-3.
The GST portal only accepts 1 variation of the code for the products and any other acronym used will give errors. While the GST Council has not issued any specific list of UQCs and is using the same, which Indian Customs used, as mentioned in the Customs Tariff Act 1975.
Below is a comprehensive list of UQCs, used in GST returns. Usually, the first three alphabets of the unit form the UQC code:
|Sr. #||GST Code||Description|
|5||BOU||Billions Of Units|
|16||GGK||Great gross GYD|
Should you still be confused about anything on UQCs and want to consult an expert, the proficient team at Masters India, a GST Suvidha Provider is here to help. autoTax from Masters India is a fully automated GST Software, from GST Registration to GST Return Filing and along with other functionalities, it ensures that you always stay on top and be in the good books of the government by maintaining a high GST compliance rating. To know more on, how can you put your taxation life cycle on an auto-pilot, please connect with Masters India at email@example.com | 9773706838.
- E-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka - November 21, 2018
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018