Transfer pricing issues darting up from the valuation rules in GST
As GST widens its reach each day, the taxation complexities arising of such a mammoth revolution does not seem to cease. The new complexity slowly popping up, which could have future tax repercussions is the impact of ‘transfer pricing’.
Transfer pricing is an intra-charge made by one entity of an organization to another of the same organization. The thumb rule which applies while setting up of such a price is to have a balanced approach vis-a-vis the market price. Should the taxation department makes out that any attempt of evading tax using this clause would be subject to the taxes.
The new format of GST has a concept termed as ‘open market pricing’ for such intra-branch supplies.
The industry experts do not deny a clash between the new valuation rules under GST and the calculation of the transfer pricing, if not synchronized soon.
The open market pricing would be governed by the specific valuation rules for all such transactions, supplies whether domestic or international.
Though the mist revolves around whether the open market pricing will be subject to the existing transfer pricing rules or it will lead to having its own set of new provisions.
Multi-nationals are more prone to TP disagreements relating to the profits being earned by the branches and eventually passed to the parent organization head quartered overseas
Though the government is proactive to help and close such disturbed transactions by signing individual APAs [Advance Pricing Agreements], mostly with the multi-nationals to determine the transfer pricing method for a delegated period of time.
The GST framework exposes the transfer pricing to domestic transactions and the industry honchos sniff a steep rise in the quantity and quality of intricacies arising thereon.
- E-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka - November 21, 2018
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018