How to Resolve – “Processed with error” message while saving TRANS-1
An error message – “Processed with error” is shown sometimes when we save the details of the existing registration while claiming transitional credit of the returns in Table 5 with heading “Amount of tax credit carried forward in the return filed under existing laws” in the TRAN-1 form .
During Enrollment/ Registration, we were given an opportunity to enter details of the existing registration in Business Details tab. This error is displayed, in case the details of existing registration in TRAN 1 do not match the details of existing registration entered in the Registration/ Enrollment application.
So the resolution to the above problem is that we need to include the existing registrations in our Enrolment/ Registration details using the non-core amendment facility and then file TRAN-1 to claim the transitional credit.
The good news is that Non-core amendment field is amended on the spot as soon as we verify the correct and amended registration number through EVC or DSC.
While filing the application of non-core registration amendment, we MUST take care of the following at the relevant places in the Registration application:
- Do not use special characters (-, /) while adding Service Tax No./ Central Excise No./ VAT/ TIN on the Business Details Tab.
- Do not give duplicate e-mail or phone number for Promoters/ Partners or Authorized Signatories.
- Check that the Service Accounting Code (SAC) provided during migration has been provided as per new service codes (and not the earlier ones).
- Ensure that the STD code is entered correctly in the field provided and it is not entered in the field for entering the local Telephone number.
- E-Way Bill under GST in Karnataka - November 21, 2018
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018