How to manage Masters on E-Way Bill Portal?
While generating E-way Bills there are few items which are required every time like HSN, Product Details, Transporters Details etc. Entering this details every time to generate E-way Bill is Cumbersome. The E-way Bill portal facilitates the user to create and manage their own business related masters. Masters simplifies the data entry while generating the E-way Bill making the procedure of E-way Bill quick and error-less. Here we will discuss about various types of the Masters and how to manage them Efficiently.
Types of Master
There are four different types of the Masters under the E-way Bill
- Product Master
- Client Master
- Supplier’s Master
- Transporter’s Master
To create a product master one must select the option of “Master” from left panel and select the sub-option “Product”. Following screen will appear.
Following details need to be entered
- Product Name :- Name of the Product to be mentioned
- Unit of Measurement :-Unit in which the product is sold needs to be mentioned like nos, kgs, liters
- Brief Description :- A brief description regarding the product to be mentioned
- HSN :- User needs to Enter HSN Code. If the user doesn’t has HSN code user can select HSN Code from Search options and HSN Name accordingly
- Rate of Tax :-Rate of tax as applicable to the product needs to be mentioned –CGST, SGST, IGST, Cess
After filling the above data press submit button. Upon the submission of the request the system validates the entered values and saves. If there is an error, the message will be displayed on the screen. User can create master for all its products and save them. The user can create multiple master of the same product if the unit of measurement or rate of tax is multiple.
A user must select sub-option “clients” under the “Master” menu.
The user has to provide customer details, if the customer is registered or un-registered.
1. If the Customer is Registered with GST
If the customer is registered, GSTIN has to be entered. Once GSTIN is entered, the system shows the customer details in the combo box. If GSTIN holder has additional place of business, then the combo will show both, the main and additional place of business. User has to select the place of Business and distance in KMs from his own place of Business. The user has to press submit option. On submission, the system will save the details of the particular customer in the masters.
2. If the Customer in Not Registered with GST
If the customer is not registered, “Unregistered” that option has to be selected. The following screen will be displayed.
The procedure for adding the supplier’s master is same as that of adding the customer’s master and in the same way for the registered and the unregistered supplier the appropriate details has to be filled.
The user needs to select the option of “Transporters” under the heading of “My Masters”. The user needs to enter the transporter number and select the submit button. Legal Name will be auto-filled.has to enter the details of the registered transporter. This is used to enable registered person to allow the transporter to update the vehicle number and other details related to the transporter in the E-Way Bill whenever required.
The user need to enter state, name, client address, place, pin code, mobile number and email id and approx distance from his own business place. Once the details are submitted, the system validates the entered values and appropriate message is shown if there is any error.
Thus the clients details are captured in the masters and will be available for use as and when required.
Create the Masters in Bulk
Go to the Home Page of www.ewaybill.nic.in and Click on “How to Use”. Select the Option of “Tools”. Under the Options Select Bulk Generation Tools.
User should Click on “Master JSON Preparation” to download the same.
The user needs to fill the details in the downloaded file and validate it. The user needs to select “Prepare JSON” on each Excel. Under the E-Way Bill, select the Bulk Master.
Select the type of the Master for which Bulk Master has to be uploaded. Now Upload the JSON File created. The list will be available on successful upload of JSON File.
- 26th GST Council Meeting – Latest GST Updates - March 10, 2018
- How to manage Masters on E-Way Bill Portal? - February 19, 2018
- Interest Rates Under GST Act - February 16, 2018
- What is Transporter ID in EWay Bill and how to enroll? - February 15, 2018
- List of Goods Exempted from EWay Bill - February 15, 2018
- Learn how to Generate EWay Bill on E-Way Bill Portal? - February 14, 2018
- E-Way Bill Guide: Format, Validity and Rules - February 6, 2018
- What happens when there is a mistake in E-way Bill? - February 3, 2018
- Impact of E-Way Bill on Logistics Industry in India - February 2, 2018
- E-Way Bill Provisions for Job Work - February 1, 2018