Hostel Services and Fees Exempt from GST
The boarding and lodging services of schools, i.e. the hostels, will not feel the pinch and have been exempted from paying GST till the tenth standard [pre-school to the secondary level]. The relaxation has to be passed on to the students too and they will only pay the stipulated fees of the room with no GST on it.
The announcement also signifies that the monthly building maintenance charge will also be freed from GST, though with some conditions.
As reported in India Today.
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018
- Applied For A Pan Card? Here’s How to Know Your Application Status Online - November 12, 2018