In this article we shall understand “HOW TO FILE TRANS-1 USING OFFLINE UTILITY”. To facilitate the furnishing of records in short-time, an easy to use TRAN-1 Offline Tool has been made available for preparation of TRAN-1 in download section of GST portal. All the details can be added in offline mode and later uploaded on GST portal to furnish the TRAN-1. The period for submitting the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1 has been extended till 27th December 2017 vide ORDER NO.9/CGST dated 15th November 2017 and the period for revising the declaration in FORM GST TRAN-1 has also been extended till 27th December 2017 vide ORDER NO.10/CGST dated 15th November 2017. So 27th December 2017 is not far now and in order to claim the transitional benefit, filing of TRANS-1 becomes of utmost importance.
Step by Step guide to FILE TRAN-1 USING OFFLINE UTILITY is given below:
1. Download the latest version of TRAN-1 Offline Tool from the GST portal.
TRAN-1 Offline Tool has 6 downloadable templates. Details can be uploaded using the Excel and CSV Template.
So, Let us take an example where we need to upload the data using the Tran-1 5(b) Statutory Form CSV template.
2. Launch the Tran-1 5(b) Statutory Form CSV template and navigate to Excel worksheet.
3. Enter the details in the excel sheet under respective columns.
4. After entering the details, click the SAVE button
5. Access the https://gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
6. Click on the Services > Returns > Transition Forms command.
7. Click the 5(a), 5(b), 5(c) – Amount of tax credit carried forward tile.
8. Click the Statutory Forms Tab.
9. Browse and navigate the CSV file to be uploaded from the computer. Click the Open button.
10. A success message is displayed. The uploaded CSV file would be validated and processed. In case of validation failure upon processing; errors if any would be shown on the GST Portal.
Similarly, we can upload data for
- Tran-1 9(a) Details of Goods – Sent as Principal CSV template and
- Tran-1 9(b) Details of Goods – Held in Stock CSV template.
Let us take an example where we need to upload the data using the Tran-1 6(a) Capital Goods – Central Tax EXCEL template.
1. Launch the Tran-1 6(a) Capital Goods – Central Tax EXCEL template and navigate to worksheet.
2. Navigate to worksheet GST_TRANS1_6a.
3. In the GSTIN field, enter the GSTIN.
4. Enter the details in the respective columns in the excel tool.
5. Once all details are entered, click the Validate & Calculate Sheet button to validate the worksheet. (Total Unavailed Credit = Total Available Credit – Total Availed Credit) is calculated on click of ‘Validate & Calculate’ Button and the value should not be less than zero and greater than the calculated value.
In case of successful validation: A message is displayed with count of records to be added and deleted in GST Portal. Click the OK button.
In case of unsuccessful validation: Errors are shown in the Error Column. Once all errors are rectified, click the Validate & Calculate Sheet button to validate the worksheet.
6. Click the Generate File to Upload button to generate JSON for upload on GST Portal.
7. Navigate to the folder where we want to save the JSON file. Enter the file name and click the SAVE button.
8. A confirmation message is displayed that JSON file is created. Click the OK button.
9. Access the https://gst.gov.in/ URL. The GST Home page is displayed.
10. Click the Services > Returns > Transition Forms command.
11. Click 6(a), 6(b) – Details of capitals goods for which unavailed credit has not been carried forward tile.
12. Click the Central Tax Tab
13. Click the Choose File button.
14. Browse and navigate the JSON file to be uploaded from the computer. Click the Open button.
15. The uploaded CSV file would be validated and processed. In case of validation failure upon processing; errors if any can be downloaded from the GST Portal.
16. The error is shown after downloading the error file. Rectify the errors in the JSON file and upload again on the GST Portal.
Similarly, we can upload data for
- Tran-1 6(b) Capital Goods – State/UT Tax EXCEL template and
- Tran-1 7(b) Details of the inputs held in stock – Eligible Duties and taxes/VAT/[ET] EXCEL template.