Guide to file GSTR 1 using autoTax GST Software
Basics of GSTR 1
What is GSTR 1 and who shall file it?
GSTR 1 is a monthly or quarterly return that summarizes the details of outward supplies or sales of a registered person.
Every registered person under GST shall file GSTR 1 irrespective whether or not there are any outward supplies or sales during that particular period.
However, there are a certain exempted person under GST who are not required to file the GSTR 1 and the person includes
• Composition Scheme Holder
• E-Com Operators Collecting TCS
• TDS Deductors
• ISD (Input Service Distributor)
What is the due date for filing GSTR 1?
The due date of filing GSTR 1 completely rely on the turnover of a registered person.
Any person whose outward supplies is less than 1.5 crore INR has to file GSTR 1 quarterly.
Whereas, any registered person whose outward supplies or sales exceeds the 1.5 crore INR mark has to file GSTR 1 monthly.
What are the consequences for not filing GSTR 1?
Late filing of GSTR 1 attracts a late fee of Rs. 25 SGST/UTGST and Rs. 25 CGST ( total 50 INR per day) calculated from the due date.
However, as per the latest update, the penalty of NIL returns has been reduced to Rs 20 per day respectively from the due date.
In addition to this no late fee is applicable till 31st March 2019.
Guide to file GSTR 1 using autoTax
1. Login to autoTax using valid credentials and captcha image
2. Import sales data by clicking GST Sales Data
3. Select View from the drop-down menu
4. Click Import Invoices
5. Download the Invoice format using Download Invoice Format option.
6. After clicking on Download Invoice Format a pop up window will appear showing the format
7. Choose the invoice file from the system and click on Import Invoices
8. Then it will show the job process sheet which shall be refreshed thereafter .
9. Afterwards, go to GST Returns option on autoTax
10. Select View Returns from the drop down bar
11. Select Prepare from the GSTR 1 option present in the Returns File Dashboard
12. Click Upload button
13. Select year and month present on the top to see the uploaded invoices
14. Choose the invoices you want to upload by clicking the checkbox present and select upload
15. Click on the GST Return and then choose View Return option. Then choose Finalize option present under GSTR.
16. After that a summarized table will appear then click Upload button
17. Click on the E-Sign button to proceed with the GSTR filing. Before proceeding to the filing, verify your summary by clicking on View Summary and make sure that auto tax Summary and GST Summary is reconciled
18. Click on Submit Button , before submitting a pop up will come on the screen asking for the invoice(s) stating “Are you sure you want to upload all your invoices”, Click OK
19. Now invoices have been submitted successfully on GST Portal , Click on DSC to file your return
20. Make sure DSC Dongle is inserted in your system properly. After inserting your dongle, it will ask whether to change the password or not, click accordingly and proceed
21. After clicking on DSC sign , various steps will come on the screen, follow all the steps and download DSCUPDATER
22. After installing the software, click on the icon and login pop up will appear on the screen. Fill the login details given on the screen.
23. Accept the pending request by clicking on YES
24. Enter the PIN of DSC Dongle and click on log in
25. After login in, your signing option will be completed
26. GSTR 1 will get filed successfully