How to claim refund of excess balance in electronic cash ledger?
Businesses have been protesting ever since the implementation of the new indirect tax reform i.e. GST. Due to the uncertainty in new tax reform, many traders had paid wrong tax amounts by mistake. This article talks about the new facility has been started by the government on its GSTN portal, under which the taxpayers who paid excess tax money by mistake, can now transfer the money back to their bank accounts. Also the step by step guide to claim such refund has been given to help our readers.
Previously, there was no option to alter the returns at GSTN Network. Now, the government says that if any of the traders had paid an extra amount of tax by mistake while filing returns, the money will be returned to them. This facility has started online from 29th November. With just one click, the money will be transferred directly to the bank account of the particular taxpayer.
To get back their excess tax money, businesses will be required to log on to GSTN portal by using their GSTN registered numbers and then they can apply for returning of the excess money. The money will automatically be credited to the concerned bank account.
The refund application on the GSTN Portal is available for Refund of Excess Balance in Electronic Cash Ledger. So, If you wrongly paid GST amount under wrong head or by any other manner, there was no possibility earlier under GST to set off or refund that amount. For example: Tax paid under interest head or interest paid under fees or penalty head or paid SGST amount wrongly under the head of CGST but now you can make an application for refund of excess balance shown in electronic cash ledger , and after that make another challan for right payment.
Follow the below mentioned simple steps to claim the Refund of Excess Balance in Electronic Cash Ledger:-
- Login on GST portal
- Go to services
- Click on Refund
- Click on Application for Refund
- Select the Refund type as Refund of Excess Balance in Electronic Cash Ledger
- Click on CREATE button
This is the screenshot of how it appears on the GSTN Portal.
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018
- Applied For A Pan Card? Here’s How to Know Your Application Status Online - November 12, 2018