Employee PF Scheme
EPF scheme is the employee provident fund scheme which is the major scheme under the Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952 and is managed by the EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organization).
As per this scheme, every organization where 20 or more than 20 employees are working and employed has to enrol under EPFO. The government can notify any employer to comply with the provision of this Act by giving a notice of not less than 2 months if government finds it necessary.
As per the EPF rule, any employee whose salary is less than or equal to 21,000 INR are covered under the EPF Scheme. Under the EPF scheme, the employer and the employee have to pay the contribution which is 10% in general cases and in some special cases 12% of basic salary including dearness and retaining allowance.
Any employee registered under the PF scheme can now check PF status using the EPFO portal, SMS facility, missed call service and EPFO App. This has enabled the employee to check PF balance. Furthermore, this has powered the employee to plan their investments and expenses after PF withdrawal
Checking PF account and PF statement
Any employee enrolled under EPF can check their PF account and statement using their UAN (Universal Account Number)
|MISSED CALL FACILITY|
1) Login to EPFO portal using the valid credentials
2) Navigate to the “Our Services” section.
3) Choose “For employees” option from the drop-down list.
4) Choose “Services” option
5) Select “Member Passbook” option
6) A new login page will open enter your UAN along with your password.
Note that your account shall be active to see the PF account balance.
Registered PF holder can check their PF account using the application that is currently available on the Android platform too. But for this, his UAN shall be activated by the employer.
1) The employee has to first download the UMANG app from the play store.
2) Register using their Mobile number and entering the MPIN generated on the same
3) Select the EPFO service from the other services available on the UMANG App.
4) Login to your PF Account using UAN and your mobile number.
UMANG was introduced by the government to unify all the services such as AADHAR, PAN, EPFO etc that government provides to their citizens. This application also includes their flagship schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY), Swachh Bharat, PMAY, PMUY, PMMY etc.
Missed Call Facility
Every PF account holder can check their PF details by just giving a missed call on the prescribed number using the registered phone number providing that he has successfully updated their KYC details with PF Account number.
The steps to check the PF number using miss call facility is given down below
1) The PF account holder has to give a missed call using their registered mobile number to 011-22901406
2) The PF account details will then be received on their phone number after the successful missed call.
The employee can also check their PF statements using the SMS facility provided by the government providing that he has enabled this service by completing the KYC by integrating their PAN or AADHAR details with their UAN (Universal Account Number)
• Send a message to 7738299899 containing the code EPFOHO UAN ENG*