Quarterly Return, Monthly Payment of Taxes (QRMP) Scheme is the Government’s initiative to simplify GST compliance for small Taxpayers. Under this scheme, Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover at PAN level up to INR 5 crore can opt for filing GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B quarterly. In addition to this, tax payments can be made in the first two months of the quarter through a simple challan in FORM GST PMT-06.
Note: The GST system has assigned the quarterly frequency to small Taxpayers automatically. However, Taxpayers can change or select the filing frequency of Form GSTR-1 and Form GSTR-3B through their GST dashboard.
This article will illustrate the steps to be taken to change the profile under the QRMP Scheme.
Step 1: Log in to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
Step 2: Under ‘Services’, select ‘Returns’ and then ‘Opt-in for Quarterly Return’.
Step 3: In the Opt-in for Quarterly Return page, from the Financial Year drop-down list, select the year for which you want to change the filing frequency and click the ‘SEARCH’ button.
Step 4: On clicking the ‘SEARCH’ button. The following details are displayed:
- Quarter: The four quarters of the selected financial year are visible.
- Selected Frequency: Here, the frequency (Monthly or Quarterly) can be selected for the quarter. The Quarters which are open for selection are highlighted in green with a ‘SAVE’ option and the quarters which are not available for selection are disabled (in grey).
- Action: This column displays the ‘SAVE’ button against the quarter for which the selection is possible.
- Selection available from: Specific dates of the quarter during which the selection can be made is visible here.
- Applicable return due dates for Form GSTR-1 and Form GSTR-3B: Based on the selected frequency, the return due dates applicable for month 1, 2 and 3 of the quarter can be viewed here.
- To perform any task in the return’s dashboard, for example, to refer to Form GSTR-1 or Form GSTR-3B, you can click on the ‘CONTINUE TO RETURNS DASHBOARD’ button.
- To change the filing frequency to Monthly or Quarterly, all you have to do is – select the radio button corresponding to the quarter and click the ‘SAVE’ button to save the preference.
- For Taxpayers whose Aggregate Annual Turnover (AATO) is greater than INR 5 Crores., the filing preference will be monthly. The option to opt-in for quarterly return filing will not be available.
Step 5: Once the frequency is selected, and you have clicked on the ‘SAVE’ button, a confirmation message is displayed on the screen. Click on ‘OK’.
When ‘Quarterly’ filing is selected:
When ‘Monthly’ filing is selected:
Step 6: A success message is displayed, confirming the successful change of profile to the selected filing frequency. Click on ‘OK’.
Once this is done, the ‘Opt-in for Quarterly Return page’ is displayed. Here, the filing frequency would be frozen, and the ‘SAVE’ button will be disabled.
Note: Once the Taxpayer opts in or opts out of the QRMP scheme, an Email and SMS is sent to the Primary Authorized Signatory of the Taxpayer.
Step 7: Click on ‘CONTINUE TO RETURNS DASHBOARD’ to go to the returns page.