Cancellation of Registration of Migrated Taxpayer
The most awaited service “Cancellation of Registration of Migrated Taxpayer” has started on the GST Portal.
A migrated taxpayer refers to taxpayers registered under Excise, Service Tax and State Tax Laws such as VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax whose details have been migrated to the GST System.
Taxpayers who have not issued any tax invoice in the GST regime can avail this service. Form GST REG-16 needs to be filed if taxpayers have issued any tax invoice under GST.
Easy step-by-step guide to surrender GST Number:
- Log in to GST Portal with user name and password.
- Click on Cancellation of Provisional Registration on the right hand side of the screen.
- Now Select “No” for the “Have you issued any tax invoice in GST regime”.
- Complete the verification tab and submit the form with the help of Digital Signature or Electronic Verification Code.
- All about DSC Registration on GST Portal - November 21, 2018
- Pros and Cons of the GST Composition Scheme - November 20, 2018
- E-Way Bill Digital Copy Sufficient for Transportation under GST - November 20, 2018
- How to Verify a Fake GST Identification Number Easily? - November 15, 2018
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration Guide - November 13, 2018
- UAN – Know About Universal Account Number - November 13, 2018
- CGST, SGST, IGST and UGST – Meaning, Apportionment and Method of Payment - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Vegetables - November 13, 2018
- HSN Code and GST Rate for Non Edible Animal Products - November 13, 2018
- Applied For A Pan Card? Here’s How to Know Your Application Status Online - November 12, 2018