Every director with a Digital Identification Number (DIN) is now required to submit his/her KYC details in Form DIR 3 KYC, every year. To know the details, procedure, due date, and the importance of filing DIR 3 KYC on time, you may read the following article.
The following topics have been covered in this article:
A unique Director Identification Number (DIN) can be obtained by any person willing to become a director in one or more companies. Getting a DIN is a one-time process which can be completed by making an application in the e-form DIR 3.
However, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has recently updated its registry and requires all company directors with a DIN to submit their KYC details in the e-form DIR 3 KYC, annually. As per its recent announcement, all directors who have been allotted and approved a DIN on or before the 31st March of a particular financial year are required to submit their KYC details. These KYC details are to be submitted to the MCA latest by the 30th April of the immediate next financial year. It is mandatory for all directors, including disqualified directors.
While filing the DIR 3 KYC e-form, the following points should be kept in mind:
- Every director should provide his/her personal mobile number and email address which will be verified with an OTP
- Directors are required to use their own Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- The e-form will have to be certified by a Chartered Accountant (CA), the Company Secretary (CS), or a Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) to ensure submission of authentic information.
Every director is required to file the e-form on the official MCA portal. If a director fails to file the DIR 3 KYC form by the due date, his/her DIN will be deactivated. The reason shown for the same will be non-filing of DIR 3 KYC e-form.
To reactivate a deactivated DIN, the director will have to file the e-form DIR 3 KYC s/he had previously missed out on. While doing so, the director will be required to pay a late fee of Rs. 5,000.
The following documents will be required for filing the DIR 3 KYC e-form:
- Proof of nationality
- Personal details like name, gender, and date of birth
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Voter’s Identity card
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport (mandatory for foreign nationals holding DIN)
- Driving License
- Personal mobile number and email address
- Residential address
- DSC of applicant
- Documents attested by a CA, CMA, or CS. Foreign nationals will have to attest their documents by the prescribed authority
- Applicant’s declaration duly attested by a CA, CMA, or CS.
The following steps may be followed to file e-form DIR 3 KYC:
Step 1 – Go to the MCA website or follow this link and download the form
Step 2 – Provide your approved DIN details
Step 3 – Provide other relevant details like your name, nationality, age, gender, residential address, and PAN as per the details provided in your PAN card.
Step 4 – Verify your PAN by clicking ‘Verify Income Tax PAN”
Step 5 – Enter your personal mobile number and email address and click “Generate OTP”
Step 6 – Attach the required attested documents and sign the form with your DSC
Step 7 – Enter the details and the digital signature of the professional attesting your application
Step 8 – Go through the form once for correcting any errors and click “Submit”.
Note that no fee will be charged for filing the e-form within the due date.
An SRN will be generated in your name upon successfully submitting the e-form DIR 3 KYC. The applicant will then receive an email on his/her personal email address regarding an approval for receipt of the form. The e-form DIR 3 KYC will then have been submitted successfully for the respective financial year.